Friday, February 5, 2010

R is for...Real Women Have Curves

I want to give a little shout out to Kourtney Kardashian for coming out about the pressure of losing the baby weight and how she was heavily photoshopped to look like she was much skinnier than she currently is. Here she is promoting her belly bandit...looking healthy, curvy and beautiful...

NORMAL


5 months after baby



NOT NORMAL...


 I am sorry, but it just bothers me that Hollywood is putting such pressure on women to have a baby and then look like Heidi Klum did when she walked the runway at the VS fashion show, just 6 weeks after having her baby! Don't get me wrong, I am vain. And when I had my baby I definitely was not going to let anything stand in the way of losing the 35 lbs that I had packed on. But it TAKES TIME! It doesn't happen overnight. And really, it is the one time in your life that you can embrace those curves and for most new moms their priority is their little one and spending time with them. Not necessarily hitting the gym.

sorry, just had to vent. That's all for now...

any thoughts on the subject?


*photos courtesy of msnbc.com, 

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree! It's tough enough trying to adjust to having a new little one and all of the physical "issues" that go along with it. We certainly do not need society (our husbands, ahem) thinking that we should be dropping weight and toning tummies like celebrities! You go Kourtney! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya sister!! I freaked out when I went back to work and had to be South Beach ready 13 weeks after birth! Needless to say-- I quit!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails