Monday, February 21, 2011

Super(model) Mom: Meet Christina

I was so thrilled when Christina, author of the blog Full House decided to participate in my Super(model) Mom feature. She is inspiring to me in so many ways!

 Saying Christina is a busy woman is a bit of an understatement. She is a mom to triplets AND twins, yes, it's true!!!! On top of that she writes her beautiful blog and finds time to decorate her home and tackle some big DIY projects. If you haven't seen her daughter's rooms, you should click HERE.

Here is a little bio in Christina's words...

You know the saying.."When it rains it pours"...Well that pretty much sums up the last 5 years of my life.

About a decade ago I was sitting at my desk working for Goldman Sachs in Menlo Park, CA and wondered if I would ever have kids. After trying to conceive for a solid five years we decided to go the adoption route and within a month we were picked to adopt a little boy...only to find out we were pregnant with twins at the same time. I remembered really struggling at making the decision as to whether the little baby was meant to come into our home. In the end we didn't feel like it was the route out family should take and so we excitedly started to prepare for our girls. I remember thinking after I had them, "I am so glad that this is only twins and not triplets". Little did I know what I had in store. I will never forget the day the ultrasound technician delivered the news of three babies being in my belly less than 2 years after the girls came. I would be lying if I said I had any bit of excitement. Needless to say it took me a month before I could share the news with others because it after all was a blessing but I needed a little time to make peace with what was about to transpire. Pretty much in a nutshell I went from having no kids to five kids in 2.5 years. It has been intense but also fun, blessed and a refining experience.


I started a blog as a nice little diversion to focus on the fun and happy things in life. I sort of joke that blogging has been my anti-depressant (I often have people ask me if I have to take any sort of substances:-) I've always had a passion for design and decor. My mother can vouch on that because after all she was there on my 3rd birthday when I was more excited about a dress rather than the toys I had been given. From there I moved into trying to redecorate my bedroom often (there may have been a 50's style Mickie Mouse room) and bringing sticks in from the back yard to try and help out all of my Mom's floral arrangements. I have always been good with color and think that it is all about the little details. Another outlet that I have a passion for is finding treasures. I get so much satisfaction from making something look pretty on a budget. I have been known to drag my boys around on my thrifting adventures.

I love, love, love being a Mom and think it is the best calling in life.


and here is a peek into what inspires Christina...


1) What is your "uniform"

I am the most random dresser. I go through spurts of wearing dresses and skirts. Lately my favorite go to outfit is black leggings with a white or grey shirt and my Frye boots.

2) How has becoming a mom changed how you dress?

Before becoming a Mom I worked for Goldman Sachs & I dressed up every single day so you could imagine that it changed a bit after the kids came. I do have to say that I try hard not to let all of my old cloths waste away in my closet so there are days that I probably over dress for being a Mom of 5 young children..Oh well.


3) what fashion item would you like to splurge on for 2011?
A nice pair of good fitting wide-legged jeans. I honestly only own a few pair and a couple of them are very outdated.


4) When it comes to Fashion vs. Home Decor, which are your more passionate about?
This is something that certainly changed after becoming a Mom and spending more time at home..so hands down home decor.

5) What are your favorite budget items?
L'Oreal Voluminous mascara, Cetaphil Moisterizing Cream, and that next purchase I am going to make at TJ Maxx, Home Goods or Marshalls:-) ( I buy so many of my articles of clothing or home decor from these joints). Did I mention that I use Suave hairspray..because I do..I don't recommend that one though because my hairdresser told me I had bad hairspray flakes.


6) What are your top 3 favorite beauty items?
Good hair conditioner (Kerastase, Terax or Goldwell) , good moisterizer (Cosmedicine), and loving L'Oreal Secrets Professional Secret No. 1 Magic Perfecting Base.

7) Who inspires you the most?
A woman who celebrates being a woman and mother. One who is strong, kind, driven and loving. The woman who embodies this the most to me is my Grandma. She has since passed but continues to inspire me so much that even to this day when I am down or am looking for direction I think of her example. I want to be a better person because of her.

Would you have laughed if I would have said Octo-Mom..hahaha



8) What is your favorite item you have purchased for your kids?

My Vita Mix. I can not tell you how in love I am with this machine and it is not just for the kids but bought it with them in mind. It is an investment but whenever I need to make-up for my kids lack of nutrition in their diet I make a magic smoothie with greens and flax but cover it all up with a cherry juice concentrate and other fruits. Makes me so happy. Plus did I tell you it makes soup and even warms it up from the powerful motor.
Also I have never regretted any stroller purchase or zoo/museum pass. If I said it was a pillow pet then I would be lying..We got three purple unicorns for Christmas and I want to huck a couple of them out the window.


9) If you could raid one celebrity closet, who would it be?
I am not up on fashion but I do know that I have always love Gwyneth Paltrow's style. There are quite a few fashion bloggers that I would like to raid their closets though.

10) What item in your closet makes you the most happy?
My collection of vintage dresses...oh and a vintage 70's Gucci leather coat with tiger head hardware.

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE Christina and have e-mailed her a few times with fellow mom of triplet questions. She is gorgeous, sweet, and talented - her home is beautiful!

    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Mel! I love Christina and her blog. I always enjoying reading about other moms and what they wear/love! Christina definately has great style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still in awe of this woman. I don't know how she manages to do it all, and still look like a million bucks.
    Super inspiring--and her kiddos are just too stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of you stylish gals over in Midwest..GiGI, Shan & Mel.

    Thanks for having me!

    xx - CB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Christina!! She is one cool & stylish mama! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. christina is just the best!

    she is a supermodel mom in every way. she also has a supermodel home that is real!

    she is inspiring in everyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christina, you never cease to amaze me! Super model mom for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Christina! This was so fun to learn more about her (: She really is super mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christina, if you read this, can you tell me which Vitamix model you have? I've been on the hunt for a blender, and you've totally inspired me to get a Vitamix. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that family photo! christina is amazing, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My daughter gets excited for dresses more than toys too... but I guess if she grows into someone like Christina, I'd be pretty pleased! I love her blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails