Thursday, February 4, 2010

P is for...Peonies and Pierrot Gourmet

I had 2 items worthy of my "P" post today....First off being Peonies!

These gorgeous flowers have a very short time in which they are available. Maybe that's why I like them so much, since I can't buy them year-round! They are usually the best between May and June. I swear I didn't plan my wedding day around Peonies, but it just so happened that we got married in May...

A great shot of the bouquet...Pep talk with my dad before walking down the aisle...



My gorgeous Bridesmaids with peonies...



My honey and the flowers...(by Dan Meiners KC, if you were wondering...)

The second part of my post is a restaurant mention...The Pierrot Gourmet in Chicago



the communal dining table is great! So cozy!

This fabulous restaurant is actually part of the Peninsula Hotel, so you can only imagine. The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is really warm and inviting. It is truly like a euro-cafe, complete with a gorgeous alfresco patio to dine during the summer. They are only open for breakfast and lunch, and I think that is what makes it so delightful. They have the most amazing oatmeal I have ever had, a fabulous tuna sandwich on pretzel bread(I am drooling...) and a vanilla iced tea that is not to miss on hot summer days! We lived right down the street from there in Chicago and I miss it so much...it was our favorite brunch spot!




1 comment:

  1. Me too! Pierrot Gourmet was my FAVORITE to take clients to (after mani/pedis at Maxines) when I was working... I always had their "BLT" salad and pretzel bread on the side... to DIE for! Ooooh! I really could go for one now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails