Thursday, February 18, 2010

OMG...Oscar...

Hey Everyone!

I am back from my vacation. It was a great trip, despite the cool weather in souther Florida. We just made the most of it and enjoyed ourselves even though it wasn't 80 degrees. We did have a few days at the pool though, and it's amazing what a little sun can do!

we got one good family photo...


We did some really fun things on this trip like go fishing (you should have seen my outfit! Khaki wind suit...not so pretty), took our son to the zoo for the first time, and an amazing Valentine's dinner. But one of the highlights was a trip to one of the most gorgeous stores I have ever fstepped in, Marissa Collections in downtown Naples.

This store has it all...Lanvin, Manolo Blahnik, Stella McCartney, Tom Ford, Zac Posen...the list goes on and on. Since moving to Kansas City, from Chicago, I haven't laid my eyes on beautiful clothing like this in a while. It was so fun to peruse the racks and see some of the amazing items that I read about in magazines.

I immediately fell in love with these...

I keep reading about these Lanvin Patent flats, and how comfortable they are. But $515...YIKES!

Then I stumbled up on their Oscar De La Renta Pre-Fall trunk show. All I can say is wow. Everything was gorgeous. Almost too pretty to wear, like a work of art. There was a lot of Grey, Pink and Navy and a grouping of reds and rich golds. I was just drooling over it all. They even had the exact dress that Jessica Biel wore to the premiere of Valentine's Day-the movie. The lady at the shop informed me that she wore the sample and it was TINY. I didn't realize she was so small until I saw the picture of her in it...


doesn't she look so small here? I am telling you, in person the dress could not have been bigger than a zero.

and here is the runway shot...




this was phenomenal in person. so Oscar. so feminine.


I really loved this blouse, simple yet elegant. and the COLOR. I wish I could wear this marigold shade!


They didn't have this, but isn't it stunning?! It's hard to beat an Oscar De La Renta dress...

images courtesy of Elle.com

3 comments:

  1. So So glad you are back! I have missed your posts! Love those Lanvin flats-- not sure it in my Stay at home mom budget these days though... boo hoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am convinced that if I tallied up all the dollars I have spent on cheap flats, I could own a pair of Lanvin's.
    Tack on the money spent on band-aids due to the cheap flats, and I might be able to own two pairs.

    That family photo is GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails