Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Carrie Bradshaw: Fashion for the ages...

Back in December I thought it would be fun to re-watch all of the old SATC episodes from start to finish. I love Netflix...I finish one and get the next DVD just days later! As I watched old episodes, a wave of nostalgia washed over me. It brought back all of my memories of being single, living in Chicago, having the time of my life with my girlfriends. Now, I can't say our stories are as good as the ones on SATC, but we do have some that would make you fall of your seat.

 It's amazing how much that show affected fashion and culture at the time. "girlfriends" and cosmos, bare midriffs, tube tops and cargo pants with heels, big flower pins, the perfect "root growth" in your hair, name jewelry, fur coats, big hair, classic Ray Bans, Fendi Baguettes, Manolos... just a few of the trends that Carrie Bradshaw and the other girls inspired. It is also crazy to me that the clothes she wore almost 10 years ago, still look PRETTY good today. Her style, which was eclectic, colorful and ever evolving, will always inspire me. I cannot WAIT for the 2nd movie to come out this summer. I am sure it will not disappoint.

Just a sampling of some of my favorite looks...she really could go from girly to bohemian, and even edgy in a heartbeat. I love it.

The big flower pin and the Dior bag...


What I wouldn't give for that hair! Signature bold prints...




Throughout season 2 and 3 there was a lot of bare midriffs




remember the big cuffed crop jean? I can't help but think that Carrie had something to do with it...



a great fur and red shoes.





that gorgeous Oscar De La Renta dress...so classic, so beautiful




I always LOVED this dress




A look from SATC Movie #2 The shoes are spectacular.

1 comment:

  1. i agree she is an icon for great fashion and I would love to have her closet. Though I was disappointed in her Oscar appearance. The orange spray tan was a little over board and made her look older in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails