Saturday, October 24, 2009

Stelllaaaaaaaa!!!!!




No, not Stella from a Street Car Named Desire, but rather, Stella McCartney. I am sitting here with goosebumps as I just read (in my new Cookie mag) that she is doing a line for Gap Kids, which is debuting November 2nd...Holy Crap, that's in just over a week!

Cookie has a whole article on the line and her inspirations. She is a mother of 3 and she really used THEM and what they like to wear as her inspiration. She used organic cottons, cashmere and wool that "wasn't scratchy" because we all know that children will not wear anything that's scratchy! Stella also incorporated the style from her runway looks, here is a Leopard Intarsia dress from the runway that was used in a design for the kids line...




and here is a shoot for the kids line, notice the same intarsia sweater!?





image via wwd.com 

how about that pink tutu?! Oh and she designed the boots and shoes too!

The line is sized 0-12 years and ranges in price from $14.50 to $128. You better believe I WILL be there to check it out. If you see me in the girls section drooling, just point me in the direction of the boys racks (sigh....)

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I stopped by and fell in love with your blog, I'll be back for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I got my Cookie Mag two days ago, I found myself mesmerized by the two-page spread of the Stella McCartney for Gap line...and then I realized I'd been staring at it for at least 5 minutes. It's so great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails