Monday, May 11, 2009

Sun-Goddess Style

I am without a doubt a sun-goddess. I prefer a beach vacation over sight-seeing, I can lay for hours soaking up the sun, and I love nothing more than a perfect bronze tan during summer. Now that I am a mom, my sun time has definitely decreased. But, I have not given up my stylish pool attire. I love a great cover-up, and I have been known to match my towel to my swimsuit of the season. I found some great items that will make you feel wonderful even though you will be coated in sand, Popsicles and sweaty kids all summer long...



A couple of years ago, Rachel Zoe and her husband Rodger did a feature of their home in Vogue. I distinctly remember a shot of them lounging by their pool on gorgeous Missoni towels. Since then, I have been obsessed with Missoni linens. Made of super soft Terry, and using their distinct zig zag-pattern and vibrant colors, Missoni has taken the beach towel to the next level. I HAVE TO HAVE this beach tote. It's Terry cloth as well and plastic lined-perfect for toting leaky suntan lotion bottles and juice boxes for the kids! Artedona.com has the most fabulous selection of Missoni's towels and Beach Bags.





A cute cover up is a MUST for summer. Shopbop.com has the most gorgeous selection of them, probably the best that I have ever seen. I adore this one by Diane Von Furstenburg. The queen of sophisticated prints and vibrant colors, DVF always stands out with her distinct style. This silk-chiffon beauty is almost too pretty for the public pool, but you would definitely be a hot mama sporting this! It is an investment at $285 for the Nobi Runway cover up, but, it would be a standout piece in your summer wardrobe.






If you have not purchased a pair of Havianas flip flops yet, you are seriously missing out. Born in Brazil in 1962, Havaianas has built their popularity on a super comfy and light-weight sole made out of special rubber. They come in a huge range of colors and use their signature printed "top" of the flip flop to make them more stylish. My favorite is the slim season. They have a super slim thong that makes it feel like you have nothing on your feet!



If you are spending hours in the sun, you want to make sure to keep your skin safe from the UV rays. ColoreScience makes a wonderful product that I will not leave home without. I got a facial at the Ritz-Carlton in Naples Florida and the aesthetician recommended this to me. It is a mineral based SPF powder that comes in a wonderful tube/brush applicator. Put it on like you would your normal powder and it is WATERPROOF and it gives
you a nice shine-free face that you certainly don't get with lotion. It is $60 for A .23 oz tube, but it goes a long way and will last you an entire summer!

















































































































































































1 comment:

  1. Mel!!

    I remember that Vogue article quite well. LOVE me some Zoe!!
    Looking forward to seeing you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails