Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cheap and Chic Volume 1

I am so excited to finally write about "cheap and chic" style. If you know me at all, you know that I am a bargain hunter. Now, let me rephrase this...I don't like "sale" shopping, but I do love scouting out stores like Forever 21, Target, Old Navy or H&M for GREAT fashion at even better prices. My personal style is mixing high and low. There is nothing wrong with mixing your Forever 21 frock with a great pair of Marc Jacobs flats and your YSL Handbag. If anything, it makes it more interesting and creative. I had a hard time narrowing down my 3 picks this week, there are a lot of great bargains to be had!



I am always in search of the perfect tee shirt. After working in retail for so many years, I got accustomed to the quality of brands like James Perse, C&C California and Splendid. But, do I really want to spend $60 on something that gets spit up on everyday? No...not really...So, I was thrilled to stumble upon the Mossimo Supply Co. Boyfriend Tee at Target. It has a perfect short cap sleeve, it's slim enough through the body and just long enough to go over the waist-band of your low jeans. It's also super soft and washes up great. The price...only $8! Pick them up when you see them, as they sell fast!


Target did a great knock-off of one of myfavorite summer sandal by Dolce Vita. Normally the sandal runs $45, but you can get an exact look-alike for $14.99! I personally love the gold, it goes with EVERYTHING. Even though I usually detest white shoes, the white could be cute with jeans.


Forever 21...I love this store...I love it because I can get the current trends at a very low price. I think this tunic/dress is absolutely wonderful. You get the dress AND the belt for $22.99! I would put it with a pair of skinny jeans and my gold Tory Burch flats. Pair it with a great chunky necklace and you can really complete the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails