Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Super(model) Mom: Meet Erica

I am so thrilled to be featuring Erica (one of my blog idols) from Moth Design, Little Moth and Luxe Life. Her blogs are just jam packed full of beautiful inspiration...everything from home decor, to fashion and kids room decor.

 I am not sure how she manages to tend to 3 blogs, but she really does! And on top of that she is a single mom to 5 boys...YES, 5 BOYS!  Aged 17, 13, 15, 10 and 2 1/2.

 Between tending to her Hockey Team (heee hee, just kidding, Erica) and also going through an entire home renovation (which has been a 3 year process) She has kept herself VERY, very busy. Erica is also a trained interior designer and has been in the industry for over 10 years. She also comes to us from Canada, and I love hearing about some of her resources that we don't have here in the states.

I was excited to read her answers, and you will love them...she is such a classy lady and I have to hand it to her. She has raised these gorgeous boys and doesn't look a day over 20. Thanks Erica for participating and giving us a sneak peek into what inspires you...


1. What's your "uniform" or go-to outfit?
My daily go-to outfit consists of J Crew signature black leggings + top and what ever foot wear is in season. It's just easy and comfortable.
2. Who's closet would you raid if you had the chance?
If I had the chance to raid someone's closet it would definitely be the set closet for gossip girl (does that count??) That would be a dream come true.
via
3. What inspires you?
Inspiration is a funny thing, and of course I find inspiration in my kids (I'm supposed to say that right?) But, if I were to explain where creative inspiration comes from I'd say it lies in the every day mundane. A beautiful button on a shirt, packaging, the shades and hues found in nature, etc...
via
4. What would you like to splurge on this spring?
I would LOVE to splurge on some Brian Atwood pumps.
via
5. Worst fashion mistake?
That's one of a personal nature... cutting my hair short. Awful! Two words: Frizz Bomb. Oh.. and overalls in the 90's.


6. How has becoming a mom affected your fashion choices?
Being a mom meant accepting that I can't wear heels everyday. I've caved in the last few years and bought a generous selection of flats to compensate for the sting of giving up heels. I also got in the habit of always wearing off white Ts when I had newer babies to hide the 'spit-up crust shoulder'. Happy to say I can wear black again. 


7. What are your favorite beauty items?
Nars 'Penny Lane' blush, Bobby Brown shadows, mascara and lip gloss/balm. 


8. What item in your closet do you love the most?
Maybe not the answer you were looking for, but I'd have to say the feature wall. It trumps any delight procured by clothing.
via
9. What are your favorite budget items?
I'm always impressed with Joe, a line carried at Real Canadian Super Store.
via
10. What favorite item did you splurge on for your kids?
Favourite kids splurge would definitely be my smallest son's burberry coat and uggs. He can be wearing PJs underneath but he looks polished on top.


Thanks for having me Melanie! xo

16 comments:

  1. 5 BOYS?! And she is still that stylish? I'm growing 1 boy and have a stepson and I'm in a sweatsuit. Kudos to her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE her and her blogs!!!!! and can't believe she has 5 BOYS!!!! She seriously looks 21!!!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love moth design! I agree w Kathryn I only have one boy, so I am super impressed by her style and gorgeous family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview!! Love Moth design and Love the fact that she does all of this as a single mom, yay for her1 sh'e very inspiring. Thanks for highlighting her today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post! It's great to be reminded we can still by looking good as moms! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am beyond flattered by your lovely words Melanie. I'm going to be blushing all day! Thanks again! xoxo e

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post!! I love JOE fresh and your closet feature wall is just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. erica, love this. so fashionably inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interview! Five boys, single mom and she looks fabulous!! What an inspiration! I'm also drooling over her "feature wall" What a cute idea for those shopping bags!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun to read more about a favorite blogger of mine...and a local one too! Great answers Erica! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love her and her blog. I hope I am that beautiful and that stylish after one kid!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Erica! She is always inspiring me. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Erica, she inspires us all - wow - 5 boys and 3 blogs, I shouldn't complain, I only have 3 kids {one boy} and one blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Erica, she is so inspiring and stylish! Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had to stop reading at "single mother to five boys" and go take a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously believe she's more than a SUPER (Model) Mom! Erica - you are a beautiful woman both inside and out! Your boys are going to have a hard time finding a future wife if those ladies have to live up to YOU! Cheers to YOU!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails