Thursday, May 19, 2011

Super(model) Mom: Meet Noelle


Meet Noelle...

Noelle was nominated by her good friend Talia who happens to be a friend and former classmate of mine from Indiana University. According to Talia, Noelle is truly a super mom. She has 4 gorgeous boys, she works at the University of Notre Dame and she also writes a blog (it's quite funny...you should read it)...all without really breaking a sweat and still look cute doing it!

Here is a little bit about Noelle in her own words, and her answers to my top 10 style inspiration questions...


Growing up I was a feminine tomboy. I loved playing outside, getting dirty but I still managed to look cute while doing it. I continued this style through high school and on to college.


I graduated from Loyola Marymount University in L.A. with a theater degree. The style in LA is bold, yet I found that the majority of the women adopted the same look, and their wasn’t a lot of individuality. I met my husband and we decided that we wanted to start a family.

We moved back to my hometown in Indiana. He is a teacher and I work in publicity at The University of Notre Dame. We were able to find a 1930’s home that we love and are busy raising our four crazy sons ranging from 8 years to 1. Because I was a tomboy, I feel completely comfortable surrounded by men and boys. It allows me to be express my femininity and stand out.

My style inspiration comes from the students I see on campus. They come from all over the country and world and have time to keep up with the latest fashion trends. . Although they are years younger than me, I find ways to implement youthful style appropriate for a conservative professional environment and on to baseball practice.



What is your daily "uniform"?

I dress in layers. The weather is unpredictable and I never know if my office is going to be cold or hot. Also, I never know if I’m going to get spilled on, or have something wiped on me by one of the boys en route to work and school. Layers can hide things. I have 3 or 4 different styles of black pants, skinny, strait, loose, fat. I love heels and I have several black pairs that I wear daily. I usually add a loose fitting blouse or tank. I add my color with a bold necklace or scarf.

I wear a cropped jacket or cardigan in a bright color that contrasts my jewelry to add a bit of interest. When I have after work occasions I take the jacket or cardigan off and it instantly looks dressier. I have natural wavy hair that I have denied for far to long. I will spray Fekkai summer hair spray into my wet hair and tie it in a loose bun. By the time I make it to work it is mostly dry and I comb it through and wear it down.



What most influences your personal style?

I wake up at 5 am every morning and go to the gym. I love wearing fitted clothing that makes me feel confident and less like a “mom”. I’m influenced by classic icons like Audrey Hepburn, who could look sexy and sophisticated with simple pieces. I like to show just the right amount of skin for a catholic university.


Whose closet would you most like to raid?

At this very moment I am obsessed with Pippa Middleton. She always looks put together and her choice of silhouettes are perfect for her figure.



What are some of your favorite splurges?

Any clothing I purchase for myself is a splurge. We don’t have extra money to purchase big ticket items, but I love dresses and every couple of months I will find a dress I can’t live without and get it.



What are your favorite budget items?

Purses. I like to find big leather tote that I can throw diapers, granola bars, juice boxes and whatever else the boys will want and take that with me. I pride myself in saying that I have never carried a traditional diaper bag.



What items do you own that you will never part with?

Spanx. Black leather boots that I purchased in LA 10 years ago. I have had them repaired several times. And my diamond stud earrings.


Your top 3 favorite places to shop?

Because I usually have to shop in places with a cart, I love Target for little layering pieces. They have a line called Merona and it fits me exactly right. I always get compliments on my dresses. . If I am alone, I can find a few things at Marshalls and the Gap never disappoints for simple staples.


What are your favorite style blogs to read?

Scout. It is the only one I have bookmarked. I also relay on my best friend Talia, to send me infinite fashion wisdom like “never wear capri pants”


What has been your biggest fashion mistake?

Well, according to Talia it would be capri pants. In all honesty I tried to pull of the Ombre hair trend of dark roots. It wasn’t exactly intentional, but I acted like it was. It looked horrible.



What summer trends are you most looking forward to?

Wedges and strapless dresses. I may even try on a bright poplin dress, I don’t know if I will wear it, but I will try it


Thanks so much Noelle! And remember, if you have anyone you would like to nominate, just email me at mel.knopke@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I like how she called herself a feminine tomboy..I can relate to that.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails