Sunday, May 15, 2011

Closet Confidential: Fashion and Philanthropy

This weekend I volunteered at a really fun event called Fashion For A Cause. The event included a fashion show featuring local retailers and designers and then an after party. The money raised benefits Truman Medical Centers women's programs that provide health care for anyone in need. It is quite amazing how many families don't have insurance or the means to pay for prenatal care, delivery, or NICU care. It's a fabulous cause and a really fun event to be a part of in Kansas City.

I decided to go a different route, other than the typical cocktail dress. I am still obsessed with my greenish/gold sequin skirt I purchased in the fall.

 For fall I wore it with tights and a lot of black, for spring I wanted to lighten it up. I found this great blush colored blouse at Gap for $29.99! It runs HUGE, this is the XS and it was still big (I am normally a 2 or 4 in tops)

I paired it with some gold t-strap sandals from Nordstrom (old, but find similar HERE) and this fantastic necklace I just got at en estate sale for $8. It has pink stones that hang from the pendant...I am obsessed...another great steal!



7 comments:

  1. Your skirt is adorable. Love sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the skirt and necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a darling outfit!!! Love the top and skirt a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great!! Love the whole outfit! The necklace is a great find, you can always find such unique stuff at estate sales!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buying that blouse - so pretty on you and Sal and I are loving wearing oversized shirts... So MK&A we think, haha!
    .Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't think i had time to gush at the event, but you looked SO SO cute! wish we could have hung out that night, but it was encouraging to see your smiling face! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails