Thursday, December 16, 2010

Red, White and cool

A friend of mine posted a link to the article that featured this nursery. The minute I saw it I knew I needed to find out more! It is easily one of the coolest boy rooms that I have come across. Local design firm, Noble Designs was the brainchild behind this chic baby nursery.

The clients condo had super high ceilings, so to bring your eye down to crib level, Sara Noble painted red and white horizontal stripes. I think this makes the room, don't you?

One of my favorite accents to the room is the amazing lighting fixture, do you see the flower pattern it casts on the wall? The grandparents snagged it up in Dallas at Ikea, and it was one of the most inexpensive items in the room. 



Sara found the bike letterpress prints and the crib bedding was custom made by vendors from Etsy. She carried the bike theme through with the cute red bicycle pillow on the chair.

The long curtains were trimmed with red pom-pon trim which added a bit of whimsy to the plain white drapes.


The clients are KU fans, and took this Jayhawk and spray painted it white for a more "Jonathan Adler" sort of look. I think it is a darling touch to the room.

Kudos to Sara Noble and her design team. I am sure she has one thrilled client!


6 comments:

  1. Wow, I love this nursery! Except of course for the jayhawk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love. Boy nurseries are so hard to find great inspiration for! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a girl's nursery! We wanted something gender neutral and already had the vintage medical cabinet and side table in blue. Sara pulled it together perfectly. Ps I love this blog and am so excited our nursery is here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm in love as well. the bike prints and the chandelier are pretty much ah-mazing. no joke. love!
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meggan, I am so sorry, I didn't realize it was a girls nursery! It is adorable, and congrats on your baby girl, Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails