Monday, September 27, 2010

M.I.A

I am not sure how you go from this...


pure heaven in Napa


to the crazy last week we have had...it almost feels as though our vacation never happened...

So, a brief summary:

Monday: took my darling mom to the airport (after watching Julian for 4 days) and all seemed well. We were still in our post vacation bliss.

Tuesday: all hell broke loose. First our computer dies. Not my sweet 6 year old mac, but the sparkly almost new HP of my husbands with very important documents and all my new Canon photos. FREAKING OUT. Thankfully our toothless computer guy (yes, he's toothless,but he's a genius) was able to save our files. I spent 2 1/2 hours with the guy, not my idea of a great fall afternoon.

Wednesday: Seemed like a normal day until around 10:45 when I felt like someone was shoving 50 knives into my abdomen. The pain was close to that of labor pains. 

Thursday: After hours at the Dr. I find out that I have ruptured a cyst on my Ovary. sorry if this is TMI, but 99.5% of my readers are female and I figure some of you may have had this happen to you? Any advice would be appreciated.

Friday: Back to the Dr. for a sonogram to make sure that all is o.k. They discover a mass on my ovary. It is another golf ball sized cyst. Just when I thought I was in the clear! And on top of all this, our son comes down with a really bad cold. The green snot, coughing kind that makes them super cranky and not easy to deal with. Oh and my husband is in a wedding which keeps him busy both Thursday and Friday night. Thank God for help from friends and family...I couldn't have done it without them!

So, hence my absence and lack of posts last week. I think the dark cloud over our house has lifted...on to a brighter, less stressful week!





11 comments:

  1. Oh, Mel! That's a horrible week! I hope you are feeling better! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Lord woman - I hope everything is okay! I am so sorry!

    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! Hope you are feeling better...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mel, I'm so sorry. That is a rough week. I hope you & Jules are both feeling better! Also- can I get the name of your toothless computer guy? My older than dirt PC is finally dead (I think) but I want to extract my itunes and pictures from it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Keep us informed on how you are doing! Get to feeling better...you and the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there lady! I hope you and your son are feeling better soon. I had ovarian cysts back in college and they are def not fun to deal with so I feel your pain. May this week be a brighter week for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, you poor thing! You've definitely had a rough week. I hope it gets better very, very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi - I am a new reader and you don't know me but I am feeling very, very badly for you! That sounds like an awful week. I have twins and I feel as though everytime my mom or inlaws leave, the next day my world starts to fall aparat. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is terrible! I am so sorry you have to go through this! I hope that you were able to buy a few cases of wine in Napa to dull the pain? ;) Well I hope that everyone in your house is on the mend!
    Erin
    www.huddyp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are feeling better girl! That sounds horrible! I am saying a big prayer for you and your cysts! At least before the mayheim you got a vacay with the hubs in Napa Valley!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eek...you needed the holiday after this week not before! Get well pronto. xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails