Thursday, September 9, 2010

I love a bargain!

I have gone back and forth about what sort of "foundation" I should go with this fall. I had tried the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. I liked it, but didn't love it. The coverage was almost too thick for me. Then I had tried the Bare Essentials 3 step system. Again, I thought it looked great but I could tell by the end of the day that it had really lost it's coverage. 

So, I asked my friend whose skin always looks so "even" what she was using. I couldn't believe it when she said Cover Girl! Not that there is anything wrong with Drugstore brands, I just have a hard time buying something I can't try first. She swears by the Aqua Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer. 

I promptly went to Target and was thrilled by the price ($6.99) and even more excited with the results! It goes on super smooth (no sponge/applicator needed) and it is so sheer that it goes on very even. You will not have that line on the edge of your face, but it has just enough color to give you natural looking coverage. 

If you are looking for something with a lot of coverage, this probably isn't for you. But if you want something quick, easy and light weight, it is the perfect product! I do have to say, I have to put some powder on after to get rid of some shiny spots, and then I always use a bronzer. But, overall it's such an easy application that doesn't take much time. It's also SPF 15, which is a huge plus!

Has anyone else tried this product? Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I've used CG's Tinted Moisturizer for years and I absolutely love it! It evens out my skin tone without being thick or changing my natural skin color.

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stuff too. Happened upon it at Target and am now recommending it to friends.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails