- In the morning have a big breakfast and sit around in PJ's watching the Macy's Parade (I love to make fun of the lip-synchers and the usually embarrassing performances)
- Shower and get the crew together around noon
- Head over to the in-laws where the festivities begin...this would include 8 grandchildren and about 12 adults
- Grab a cocktail (champagne, please) and chase the kids around. This year will be different as I have a toddler, hopefully he will be totally entertained by his cousins and mom can get a break
- Break out into a full body sweat after A.drinking and B.chasing kids around
- Get everyone seated and scarf down food and more drinks (before the kids lose it)
- Embrace my food coma and snuggle up on the couch and hopefully nap until it's time to get up and eat some more.
The one thing I have learned every year (and every family gathering for that matter) is to dress in LAYERS. It is crazy how hot I get when you are running around after your child, helping cook, cleaning the dishes, etc. My best friend these days is the ever-classic cardigan.
I love them because they are versatile and can work into your wardrobe in many ways. On a typical day I throw them over my favorite alternative apparel tanks, or J.Crew vintage tees. But, they look wonderful paired with a silk blouse or over a dress and belted. You really can't go wrong with them, and the best part is if you get too hot, you can shed the layer and give your body a brief cool down.
this season the long cardigan is a MUST...
Over some of these great layering pieces...
AND, don't forget to give your feet a break...check out these lovelies...