Monday, August 3, 2009

Frisky Summer

I am definitely over my summer clothes...the maxi dresses have gotten their money's worth, I've worn every tank top and even my white jeans have lost their appeal. But, the one thing I am still in love with is that tan and glow that only summer can bring. When it is still 90 degrees, you want your clothes, makeup and hair to feel light. These are all items that even when you can't bear to put on your gladiators one more day, you will still feel fresh as you did the first day of summer.





As you have read in past blogs, I am a bit of a beauty nut. Thanks to my friend Gina, I now have a new makeup obsession...NARS. I have owned their "orgasm" blush for years, but never have tried anything else from them. I enlisted her help for the perfect summer, pink/coral shade that would be pool appropriate and that would look great for summer. She did not dissapoint when she applied "Frisky Summer" to my lips. It's a gorgeous shade of Raspberry sorbet that looks wonderful alone or paired with a soft pink lipstick. It's more Matte than shimmery, but it has the perfect wet glossy look for summer.$24 on nars.com





H20 is a skincare line that has been around for years. It's Chicago based and my obsession kind of started when I worked right next to a store. Their Hydrating Body Gloss spray is just the thing you need after a day in the sun. It's a dry oil which gives your skin a supple sheen without being greasy. It also has this wonderful light scent that is a mix of beach and floral. $14 on ulta.com








Alright, let's talk some more about NARS...another new product that I found was their cream eyeshadow. When it's hot out, the last thing you want to do is really spend time on your makeup. I like something easy and light that looks natural. Their cream eyeshadow is so wonderful, it doesn't crease and it applies super evenly. I was surprised how pigmented it was, you can honestly wear them without any other colors. My favorite shade is Mykonos which is a rosey copper shade. $21 on Nars.com





Lastly, my wonderful salon The Darling room (best blonde highlights ever, by the way) introduced me to this product by Oribe called Royal Blowout. When my stylist Johny put it in my hair it smelled so good I wanted to eat it...literally. I didn't want to wash my hair for a day because it was so wonderful. InStyle magazine has it listed as their stylists favorite products because it smoothes the hair without weighing it down and because it gives you sheen without being greasy...they should have mentioned the smell too, because it's outrageously good! $42 on c.o.bigelow.com










































1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails