Sunday, August 9, 2009

Forever 21? Or Forever 30 plus?


Ok, so I am turning 32 this year. It gets harder and harder to not feel somewhat awkward shopping in Forever 21. I find myself going middle of the week, at 10AM when they open, just so I don't have to fight a 13 year old for a place in line for the fitting rooms. It's hard to stay away though! The fashion is great, the prices are even better and I can always find something I love!

I think my friends over at F21 know there are others like me out there, because they have been gracious enough to add a contemporary line to their stores. Let me introduce to you Love 21.
The styles are more sophisticated, the hemlines are a tad longer, and the prices are about $5 more than their regular lines. Finally there is a whole line dedicated to the more mature customer who isn't wearing short-shorts or dresses (that I would wear as a tunic!). Here are just a handful of some of my favorite items. Truly, the whole line is great...I really had to narrow it down.


I have always loved a denim dress. This one is a knock-out. It has perfect ruffle detail, and I love a wrap! $24.80



This silk top with ruffle detail is a fabulous layering piece. I would pair this under some of my blazers for fall, or belt it with my skinny jeans for right now when it is still warm. It also comes in a great soft pink. $22.80


I LOVE a great printed blouse...if it is done right. I think they nailed it with this one. It reminds me of a blouse that DVF did a couple of years ago. It has a subtle enough print that you wouldn't tire of it, and I love the blouson styling with ruffles at the neck. $17.80 (yes, it is under $20!!!)



This pintucked button down tunic is a perfect item to transition into fall. It's light weight cotton that can be paired with white jeans right now, but then pair it with your dark jeans for fall. The simple styling and relaxed feel makes it a little Theory-esque, no? $19.80


This skirt has amazing waist detail that adds interest to this simple black skirt. I would pair it with a cobalt blue tank and statement necklace for fall. $17.80

you can get the entire collection online, but for store listings check here...only select F21 stores will be carrying this line. Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails