Thursday, July 30, 2009

Adios July!!!


Normally July is a very festive month. You have the 4th of July, I have multiple friend's birthdays, and it's the middle of summer, what more could you ask for? In my case, it's been a bit of a stressful month.

I took 2 extensive trips with my 10 month old, sans my Husband who could not come because of work. I went North for 10 days to see my family and then south (9 hours each way in the car) to see my husband's family, all within 3 weeks. During this time, my son cut 2 teeth...MISERABLE. As you all know, it's not a fun process. He was such a trooper through it all. We just had many whiny days and sleepless nights during the trips, which are hard to deal with when it's just one person taking care of everything.

Between these trips I had an unfortunate experience where I was assaulted in the grocery store parking lot while I was strapping my baby into his car seat. The perv just grabbed me, but it was still very invasive and scary, especially since I had my baby with me. The A-hole proceeded to attack a woman at knife-point in a park two days later...thankfully he was caught and is now in jail. I am lucky they found him, most of these things go unresolved. I was left rattled, but certainly more aware.

ok, so I got it out, the whining is over and it's time to move on...We have August to look forward to! August brings great things; my husband's 30th Birthday (he reads the blog, so I can't divulge my plans yet), Rachel Zoe, Project Runway and Mad Men all return this month! We can't forget that fall clothes will be in stores...I can't WAIT to get some cozy sweaters and boots for my new SAHM wardrobe.

So, let's raise a pretend toast (mine would be a St.Germaine Cocktail) to no-teething, good reality t.v. and a new, fabulous month!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry. How frightening. Thank goodness it wasn't worse and that he's behind bars now. Here's to kissing July goodbye!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails