Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New Mommy Must Haves!

Pretty much everyone I know is pregnant, just had a baby or is about to have a baby. It's got me thinking about all the things I could not live without in the first few months. When you are sleep deprived, trying to heal from labor and getting used to life with a new baby, it's the little things that you appreciate. Here are some of my must-haves!



If you decide to breast feed, this product is a gem! I used the tender care Lanolin multiple times a day and never had any cracking, dryness or bleeding. It's completely safe for you and the baby. Medela makes fabulous products for nursing-their pump is an investment, but it is by far the best, I would highly recommend it.









I can't say enough about Mustela's products. They not only smell wonderful, but they are completely gentle on your new baby's soft skin. These gentle cleansing cloths are the best for in between baths when they are first born. I also love their no-rinse cleansing wash for the face and diaper area. Gets rid of crusty noses and freshens up the bottom after dirty diapers.






When you are in the hospital, the nurses teach you how to Swaddle. You think you have it right when you get home and then you find that your baby has become a little escapee in the middle of the night. Kiddopotomus makes the best swaddler that is fool-proof and will help your baby sleep through the night. They come in Small, medium and large and in multiple fabrications. We personally loved the fleece ones as they were softer and we felt warmer for our baby. You can find them at Babies R Us





When your baby is tiny you want them to be warm and cozy. You also want clothes that are easy to wash and that make diaper changing a breeze. I discovered these leggings by Old Navy when my son was an infant and we literally went through 3 size runs of them, they were the best. They come in a 2 pack for $10.50 and they come in multiple color combos (they go up to 18 months). I loved them because they were slim through the leg and they looked just darling over his long sleeve onesies. They were my go-to pant for months!
















I threw this in because I wish I would have known about these when I was post-prego. It's called the Belly Bandit. It is an abdominal compression binder that helps speed up the tummy tightening process after you have your baby! This binding process has been used by women all over the world for centuries...it has just taken the U.S. longer to catch on. Brooke Burke has been doing this after every baby...I am a believer after seeing her body!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails