Wednesday, August 22, 2012

To B.B. or not to B.B....

BB creams are pretty much the hottest thing going in cosmetics right now. Everyone is selling one...from Maybelline to Clinique. Most range from under $13 to around $40. So, if you aren't familiar with these creams, you are probably wondering why they are called B.B. creams. B.B. stands for either "blemish balm" or "beauty balm". B.B.'s are basically your SPF, Tinted Moisturizer and Skin care all packed into one "miracle cream"...or so they say...

Of course, I had to give this product a try! I don't like heavy foundation, but I do like subtle coverage which these creams claim to have. I went for Garnier's version, which has gotten excellent reviews; especially for the price ($12.99).

Garnier claims the following on their website:

    Skin concerns, such as discoloration, dullness, blotchiness and dryness can come from a number of different sources. It's hard to find just one product that addresses them all.


 "Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream immediately and effectively fullfills your skincare expectations with just one multi-benefit product that combines intense moisturizing skincare + immediate skin perfecting coverage for skin that looks naturally more even, radiant and smooth"

In my opinion I really think it's a great product. I like the coverage (it's a bit more than a tinted moisturizer), it definitely gives you a "glow". I like to add a bit of powder afterwards so that I don't look to "dewy" if you know what I mean. I am not sure that when I take the cream off that my skin looks any better, but I do like how it looks on and I will continue using it. I think it's a great product for the price and would definitely recommend it. 

Anyone else trying out B.B. Creams? What do you think? 



5 comments:

  1. Just bought the Maybelline version at Target. Looked at the Garnier version as well! Love the one I picked up. I've been using 3-4 times a week and have seen a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely going to have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to hear that you like the Garnier version! I love the Smashbox BB cream that I have, but would love to find something for a much better price. Can't wait to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats my next to try - and i do finish up with powder too just because my skin tends to "oil" a lot. glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to try this, but a couple friends have recommended clinque's bb

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails