Thursday, August 9, 2012

My beauty routine...

What's better than getting a sneak peek into a friend's closet? Well, looking in her cosmetic drawer of course!

Everyone has their favorite go-to products and I always love to hear what other girls are "using and loving" at the moment.

So, here is my typical beauty routine. What I am not showing is my back stock... a.k.a. about 20 different eye shadows, different blushes and my stock of lipglosses and lipsticks. These are just my everyday products that get me out the door in the quickest amount of time...


I love a good eye shadow palette...the beauty lines put complimentary colors together so that you don't have to do the guess work! I have a great palette from Laura Mercier from Spring 2012 (left) and a fall palette from Nars...2010, I believe (right). They also are a better value than buying all the colors separately.

I use Maybelline Full n Soft mascara. It gives your lashes some plump without clumps and I love that it's so inexpensive!

For eyeliner I use a skinny angled brush from MAC (pictured in pink). I use eyeshadow and a wet brush to apply liner.

I ended up getting a fantastic brush set from Sonia Kashuk at Target. People may argue that the quality isn't that great. But I really think they are pretty decent especially for the price! I especially love the big Kabuki brush that I use for my bronzer.

A good eyelash curler is a must, I use Shu Eumura's which has been voted the best year after year my different magazines and makeup artists.

I could NOT LIVE WITHOUT Laura Mercier's secret concealer. I have written about this on my blog multiple times, but I do truly stand behind it. It is the only concealer that doesn't make your under eye look dry and the color blends perfectly so you don't have raccoon eyes in photos. It's a fantastic product and will cure even the darkest of circles.

I love Chanel cosmetics (outside of the price). This spring I bought the limited edition blush that is pictured. It's SO pretty, unfortunately it's no longer available or I would link back to it. I also use their bronzer which has lasted me a lifetime. When this runs out I am going to get Nars Laguna, it's the perfect bronze for any skin tone.

I have fallen in love with Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. It is SUPER lightweight, it has SPF and it looks natural with giving just the right amount of coverage. I save this for nights out or when I will be doing a news segment. It's just too expensive to use everyday.

For everyday, Cover Girl's Aqua Smoothers does the trick. It's a tinted moisturizer that also has SPF, and I believe it's under $7!

To eliminate any shine I may have, I use Cover Girl's True Blend mineral powder. Again, it's inexpensive and gives just the right amount of coverage for everyday.

Lastly, a product that I will always use and is the least expensive is plain old Vaseline. It is the only thing that keeps my lips moisturized...even in the dry winter months. It's the best!

So, that's about it! I am dying to know what your favorite products are! What is one thing you definitely could not live without?

7 comments:

  1. Nice line up Mel! I use a lot the same products! I cannot live without my Shu Eumura eyelash curler, Full N'Soft mascara (but in waterproof for added thickness) and Laura Mercier Concealer too! I would have to add the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer with spf and my favorite product which is a high grade organic coconut oil for eye make up remover/moisturizer for everywhere/brow tamer, etc. Oh and my Josie Maran lipgloss too. he he

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to have to try the concealer! Love looking into ladies' makeup bags:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. im glad i was able to grab that chanel blush when it first came out. i use it everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing what other girls are wearing and you are so right about Laura Mercier concealer

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this post - I too have a serious "back stock" I've had my shu lash curler for ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vitalumiere is awesome, I agree! I also love Urban Decay Canonball. It is a great waterproof mascara, but I like to wear it everyday. Benetint is such a great liquid blush & if I don't feel like a ton of make-up or I'm looking tired, it perks me right up. DuWoop lip venom in Jessamine is an awesome color & easy to find @ Beauty Brands. These 3 with black eyeliner are a quick fix when I don't feel like putting on "my face."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melanie-First, I love your blog! As a mom of young kids, I have no time to sit and look through magazines (which I love to do) so one of my favorite thing to do when I have 2 minutes of peace and quiet I love reading your blog and figuring out what my next wardrobe piece should be! After reading this post I was wondering if you have ever heard of Rodan+Fields Dermatology? It was created by the doctors who created Proactiv and this new venture has PROVEN products that help with wrinkles, blemishes, sun damage and sensitive skin. Check it out here www.amyketner.myrandf.com. Would love to talk to you more about it if you are interested and maybe do a giveaway on your blog? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails