Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Slow cookin'...


My in-laws got us an amazing All-Clad deluxe slow cooker for Christmas. This thing is awesome, and I am so excited to get my slow-cookin on! My friend Emily emailed me her favorite recipe and we gave it a shot last night. Oh boy, was it delicious. I will warn you, it's not healthy...whatsoever. But it's delish and would be perfect to make for Super Bowl Sunday. It's also so ridiculously easy, you would be crazy not to try it...

Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches


3-4 lb beef chuck roast
Salt and Pepper (as much as you like)
BV Beef enhancer
1 packet ranch salad dressing mix
14 oz. can beef broth
1 loaf french bread (or any bread you like-I used  King'sHawaiian buns)
Swiss Cheese

Salt and Pepper Roast and coat with BV beef enhancer. Place roast in the crock pot (just the roast, no broth!). Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove from crock pot and shred with 2 forks (I usually just cut the roast into thin slices of meat). Put roast back in crock put. Sprinkle with dressing mix and and add broth. Cook on low an additional 2 hours. Serve on bread with a small bowl of juice from the crock pot for dipping.

I bought the Hawaiian sandwich buns and they were so tasty. They add a little bit of sweet to the sandwich. I also melted swiss cheese on top of the meat, which I think added great flavor.


Do you have a favorite crock-pot recipe? If so, please share!

6 comments:

  1. I received a slow-cooker for our wedding in November...let's just say I'm obsessed. I never thought I was the "slow-cooker type," but have found SO many amazing recipes, it has totally changed my view of the crock pot! Here is a link to one of my favorites...I just posted it on my blog - it's seriously so amazing and SO easy! You have to try it :)

    http://decorgreat.blogspot.com/2012/01/chicken-tacos.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I've never really gotten in to the crock pot - I have one, I just always forget about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's one of my favorites!
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Zesty-Slow-Cooker-Chicken-Barbecue/Detail.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you! A friend of mine just got the same slow cooker and she loves it.

    Seriously, this recipe will change your life. It's the ONLY way I make a turkey now......Patti

    Slow Cooker Turkey Breast -- http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-turkey-breast/detail.aspx

    This is how I make the gravy. There will be about an inch or two of turkey juices. Spoon out any fat and skin bits. You'll have onion bits in the broth and that's okay. Whisk all the ingredients listed below together in the crock pot with the turkey juices. Cover and turn crock pot to High until it boils; about 1-1/2 hours. If you need the gravy quicker than the 1-1/2 hours, you can pour everything into a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat; stirring constantly.

    The gravy packet that comes in the turkey breast cavity
    14.5 oz. can Swanson's Natural Goodness 33% Less Sodium chicken broth
    2 c. water
    9 T. Wondra flour, may need a little more to your taste (a fine sauce making flour found down the baking aisle)
    1 T. Kitchen Bouquet (a vegetable based browning sauce found down the steak sauce aisle)
    Black pepper, to taste

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails