Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Better late than never...


I am so behind on this, I am almost embarrassed to write about it. But, I just had to share! I had my first Shellac Manicure and I have to confess...I am in love! Why in the world did I wait so long to try this fantastic nail treatment?


I am heading to Arizona tomorrow, so I wanted to pick a fun color that will look good poolside. I chose a great Tangerine shade that looks appropriate now and will be great going into summer.

The lovely Kimberly at Beauty Brands on the County Club Plaza did a FANTASTIC job. She is incredibly detail oriented and you will not leave the salon until your nails are perfect. Even though it took an hour it was well worth the time. At the end of the manicure your nails are perfectly dried and you don't have to worry about messing them up on the drive home. For any lady on the go, this is the best invention.

It's been almost a week since my Shellac manicure and I don't have any chipping or peeling. And for me, this is miraculous. I am so hard on my hands! I am always doing some craft project, I wash my  hands constantly and I obviously am typing on my computer quite frequently which can take a toll on your nails.

I am not sure I will ever do a regular manicure ever again. Even though they run you about $35, it is a much better investment to have a long lasting, chip free manicure. What do you all think? Do you love Shellac too?

To view more spa services and the Beauty Brands nearest you, click HERE


10 comments:

  1. That looks great! I'm embarrassed to say I haven't tried it yet either, but I rarely get a regular mani done so that's not unusual. I keep promising myself that I'll go try it. I'm going to put it in my agenda so I actually do it! :)
    ps- love the colour you chose too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in for a nice treat with the weather we are having. Will you be in Sedona? Have fun and don't forget that you have a friend in AZ:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. That brand is the best - I can get mine to last about 15 days. Lots of people say it's hard on your nails, but I really haven't had issues. Lovely Nails on State Line does a good job too and I think it's just $30 there...although they don't have a good selection of colors. I just tried the new and improved version of OPI and still think Shellac is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shellac manicures are the best thing ever. It's already so hard to find time to get in there, so I love that it lasts for such a long time (3+ weeks!)- and that there is no chipping or smudging :) I always get the color you chose- it's so cute! I feel like once you try it, there is no going back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried them either :( I love to change out my color often & that's the only reason why I don't want them - for now....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it AWESOME?! I swear by it :) However I'm currently taking a break to save money so that come summer I can get one once a month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At first I thought you were sharing your engagement ring LOL! Your manicure looks great and boy do I miss the Plaza! (I'm on the West coast).
    Have a great trip to Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love! I have not tried it yet bc of all the reasons you mentioned above about being hard on your nails/hands. You might have just sold me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shellac manicures are the best! I was always guilty of digging in my purse and smudging a fresh manicure, so the instant dry is definitely the best part for me! Mine have always lasted for right up until the third week.
    My only complaint is that it's really hard to get off, and I can tell it's hard on my nails. I have to take a few weeks off in between for my nails to get hard and strong again.
    Have a wonderful babymoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just had my first shellac about 3 months ago. I was hesitant to do the extra $10, but when my French chipped *the very next day* I went back and sprung for it. I will never go back to a regular manicure again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails