Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Move over LBD

Can you believe it is less than 2 months to Christmas? Do you know what this means? It means it is about a month until holiday parties. We already have 2 of them on our calendar, which blows my mind!

I am over my little black dresses, and I had a red dress I wore last year. So, this year it's going to be all about sparkle, in the form of a sequin skirt. There are so many options to choose from, and I love all the different ways you can style them. Here is my inspiration...

love it with a crisp white shirt (image via)

or a tee and blazer for work (image via)


or toughened up with a fitted leather jacket

Love the way they styled this wrap version, by Haute Hippie on Shopbop.com


this color is stunning, via Topshop.com

I just saw this in person at Forever 21 and it is DARLING. For $22.80, you can certainly justify it just for one season.


8 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh Melanie, I am LOVING these!! I think this post has officially gotten me in the holiday spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES. Love them all, espesh the Haute Hippie look that I could never afford. Dang if I don't love that line. Sigh. I may have to make do with the F21 version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog!my name's martina and I come from Italy...I would like you visit my blog and if you like it...follow me!I wait you and your importante fashion tips!^^

    Now there is a giveaway (a pretty present for my followers!) on my blog and you can win an accessory of SOCUTE! http://glamourmarmalade.blogspot.com/2010/11/first-giveaway-socute.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, Love, love the sequin skirt! I actually just found a great sequined Tahari Mini Dress at TJMaxx of all places. I can't wait to wear it over the holidays! Of course my fav is the Haute Hippie, which is probably the most expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love LOVE that red one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them! Unfortunately, I'm not sure how good I will look in a sequined mini while sporting a santa-ish pregnant belly so I'll have to live vicariously through you this season! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails