Sunday, June 21, 2009

A kid in a candy store

One of my fondest memories of childhood was when me and my girlfriends would get on our bikes and ride down to our local market. With $2 and
change in hand, I would peruse the aisles searching for the perfect assortment of candy. I loved every minute of it. The bright colors and enticing packaging all at eye level to lure this sweet-toothed 7 year old. Now that I am an adult I have found a new "candy" to shop for...it's called cosmetics.






It's like a drug, I swear. I get all glazed over and overwhelmed when I shop for cosmetics. I remember my first experience at Henri Bendel in New York. They have the most wonderful assortments of lines, so beautifully displayed like a candy store for beauty crazed women. I couldn't decide what to try, so I accepted the first invitation from a man who couldn't wait to "makeover" this tired, travel worn, Midwestern girl. It took 45 minutes for him to transform me from plain to sultry, all with a smoky eye and great eyeliner. I was sold...and from then on I would never look at makeup the same.

Since I have moved from Chicago to Kansas shopping in general has been underwhelming. There is no Bloomingdale's, Barney's or Michigan Avenue for that matter...But, occasionally there is a diamond in the rough. I found that this week with a trip to Beauty Brands-my go-to for hair and nail products. I was so thrilled to find that they had brought in new cosmetics and skin-care lines...Tarte, Stila, Smashbox, DuWop...I was in heaven!!!!

The line that I am going to touch on today is Tarte. Maureen Kelly, a beauty fanatic started the line after being frustrated with not being able to find healthy, nourishing cosmetics. 10 years later, the line has the widest selection of natural cosmetics complete with their patented "skinvigorating ingredients". The line also prides themselves on runway-inspired cases and compacts that are made using recycled post consumer products.



My first purchase from Tarte was their cheek stain. This product is amazing. It goes on sheer and even and gives you the perfect "flushed" cheek. They have multiple shades to choose from and let me tell you they last FOREVER.










Their eyelash curler gives the famous Shu Eumura curler a run for their money. The design is the first ergonomically correct eyelash curler. It has an easy-grip handle that makes it simple and comfortable to use. My favorite part is that it's only $15! You can't beat that!










I am sure you have all owned oil blotting papers or a shine free powder. Well, Tarte has taken this to the next level with their T-Zone travel Shine Control to go. This perfect little case comes complete with blotting papers AND mattifying powder. It's just the right size to throw into your handbag, so that you can always keep your "shine" under control.







It's finally Summer and time to bust out your dresses, skirts and shorts. Tarte makes a product that can make your legs look taut and tan all summer long. It's called Glam Gams-a bronzing stick that glides on and blends in to give you a perfect tan glow that makes you look like you've spent hours in the sun.








1 comment:

  1. I need a new eyelash curler...mine is on it's very last leg! I will have to check it out. Plus, it's purple...cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails