Monday, February 25, 2013

Our Weekend

We had quite a busy weekend! We had 2 fun birthday celebrations. The first was for my best friend Susan. We made it a girls night with a dinner at Cooper's Hawk Winery which recently opened on the Country Club Plaza. I thought the food was good; a highlight being the warm pretzel bread that they bring you to start (I could have eaten that all night). The downside is the wine! Maybe I am just spoiled because my husband buys such good wine. I ordered the bubbly flight and I only finished 2 of the 4. They were really quite sweet, reminiscent of Boone's which made me quite sick in college.


We had 10 girls, and lots of laughter and good conversation. We did a round table discussion about our favorite budget and splurge beauty buys. I loved hearing everyone's answers! One budget item that I will definitely add to my lip gloss collection is Revlon Peach Petal lip gloss; which is said to be the best nude lipgloss out there. And, it will only set you back about $7.





And if I could afford it, I would definitely try my friend Susan's pick, Photodynamic Therapy liquid red light anti-aging SPF by DermaDoctor. This product apparently takes the UV rays we are exposed to and transforms them into an effective wavelength of rejuvenating  red light, which is a proven energy source for eliciting anti-aging effects on the skin. I am not going to share my friend Susan's exact age, but I will tell you she is over 35. Look at her skin...it's unreal.


Sunday we celebrated the 1st birthday of one of my closest friend's little boy. He also happens to be my baby girl's first crush. He is sweet as can be and was such a good boy on his birthday! 


Aren't they so sweet? 


Now we are preparing for snow storm #2!!!! We have not had school for a week; to say that we are stir crazy is a bit of an understatement. Filling 12 hours a day with a 4 year old and a 10 month old is not easy. If you have any great at-home entertainment, please share!!!





12 comments:

  1. I LOVE your necklace!!

    Yes your friends skin is amazing. I have a friend who is 42 and has a flawless complexion, she uses la mer so one night I came home after a few glasses of wine and ordered mine so maybe I should have some cocktails then I can order the anti aging cream.

    My mother in law told me about the restaurant on the plaza blowing up last week, that is crazy!!

    We are getting storm #2 on wednesday, ugg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! My husband got me the necklace 2 years ago from Hall's...I often forget to wear it!

      hope you survive the storm, this round is pretty brutal!

      Delete
  2. I agree about Cooper's Hawk...I think the menu is too big so it's all very overwhelming and "chain" feeling. (Pretty sure there are a couple of those in the burbs of Chicago.) Susan is GORG. Hate her! HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so "chain", I hate that...way too big and the menu is like cheesecake factory. Susan looks amazing, I am envious!

      Delete
  3. Mel, I can't believe how much Vivianne looks like David! Its like your holding your mini husband:)!! It looks like you are feeling better! I bet you are glad to be out of the house...Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, I am cracking up...I hope that Vivi is not a spitting image of David; since I married Jonathan :) LOL...honest mistake!

      Delete
  4. Hope you are hanging in there with the recent storm! Love your cute outfit. Thanks for the beauty ideas...your friend def looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are a bit stir crazy over here!!!! Thanks for the compliments, I haven't busted out a turtleneck in years :)

      Delete
  5. Your necklace and that birdie blouse are AH-MAZ-ING! Love. Your friend AND your skin looks gorgeous!
    xo,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a dress that looks like you shirt the one with the birds. Its cute. all your outfits are. Your daughterss eyes amazing.
    Get the perfect silhouette with stylish shapewear
    Visit our blog: http://blog.vedettestore.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my kids and try to help them in any their activity. Thus, I am a frequent client of homework help online services.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fashion and make up accessories here I love to have an outfit with my ladies denim shirt and the make up accessories like lipsticks , mascaras perfumes shadows etc . Here the accessories are really so good and looking so stylish. I will love them with my fashionable dresses.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails