Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Girl Time

I swear it must be Murphy's law...you go away for the weekend and have the time of your life and return with an awful cold. Oh well, it was totally worth it. We had the most unbelievable weather in Arizona. It was 75 and sunny, not a cloud in the sky. We soaked up every minute of the sun and talked and laughed for 2 days straight, leaving me without a voice on Sunday. My husband thought we had been out partying. Mind you we had 2 pregos in the group; the extent of my partying was having one two many glasses of wine at the golf club for dinner. 




And some instagram shots...


A favorite spot to sit and have lunch pool side...


Oh yes, this definitely happened. I can't go to AZ without hitting up In N Out burger. The.Best.Burger.EVER.


We actually worked out everyday while we were there. You probably think we are crazy, why not sleep in? It's just hard when you are used to waking up at 6AM everyday. There is nothing better than going for a run in the cool, dessert air. 

One of the best parts about having time with your girlfriends is just chatting about everything...from our kids to our husbands, food, t.v., movies and of course beauty products and fashion. I picked up some tips from my besties this weekend and thought I would share...



My friend Emily had on the most amazing pair of dark skinnies that I decided need to make their way into my closet. They are the Paige Skyline Skinny in the Carson Wash. Super dark, and super slimming. The rise was also perfect; not too low and not too high. 




You know I loooove beauty products and it is rare I come across a product I have never heard of. My friend Kami (who should be a makeup artist, she is so good at it) had a tube of Lip Butter by Korres. This stuff is amazing! It truly is buttery and has just a hint of shimmer and it smells absolutely delicious.  I would use this everyday just for a touch of color and shine. It comes in a few great shades to choose from. 


And for all you pregos out there, this dress is the most flattering maxi dress I have seen. My friend Jayme had this on in black and it was so simple, yet the cut was so cute on. It's bra friendly and the side ruching gives you some shape. I love it paired with a big statement necklace and some fun sandals. They are also on sale right now on Oldnavy.com for $25! 



14 comments:

  1. What a fun trip!! I love my paige skyline skinnies! I can't even tell you how jealous I am of your in and out trip- each Vegas trip it's our first stop;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In N Out is the BEST! It's probably good I don't live close to one!

      Delete
  2. Warning about Paige jeans...mine are so stretchy that they look terrible after a day of wearing. My knees bag out, the rear gets droopy, etc. Maybe it's the wash of mine, but I've ended up retiring mine. Looks like such a fun trip and I'm jealous of your tan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a fabulous trip!!

    I am LOVING those jeans, I might just need to pop into Nordys today

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a nice time in AZ!
    I am in need of jeans so I already pinned these so the next time I am at Nordstrom I can try them on. The lip gloss sounds amazing and can you ask your friend (the one wearing the pink chevron dress) how she gets her hair so shiny/smooth looking? I love her hair glistens in the photo. Hopefully, that is not too weird but wasn't sure if there is some magic hair product I must know about! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. i miss trips like that! need to spend some time with girls alone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love LOVE the Paige skyline skinnies!

    ♥ Talia
    http://rubytiaradiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely going to give the Paige skinnies a try. It's so hard finding a good pair. Love your blog. Check out mine if you get the chance, Pigtails and Pearls. Thx!

    Xo,
    Elvy
    Pigtails and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty group of ladies! I want to dive into that In N Out burger, I've had one in my life and I'll never forget it. I'm a Korres fan, I'll have to try the lip butter!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails