Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Guest Post: Peyton from California Wife

I am so glad that Peyton obliged to guest post for me this week! I adore her blog. Maybe it's because she is a native Hoosier, or because she loves reality t.v. just as much as I do, or probably because I live vicariously through her child-free life in California. Regardless, her blog is fantastic and you should definitely check her out if you have not already. Thanks again Peyton!

Hi, I'm Peyton from Life as a California Wife!  I'm a teacher, obsessive dog mom, and shopaholic who is still trying to adjust to the ways of life in the California desert after growing up in Indiana.  I tend to blog about a little bit of everything, but I definitely have a passion for fashion. 

When Melanie asked me to write up a guest post for her while she is away this week I was ecstatic.  I absolutely love Melanie's blog and style, and was thrilled when we asked me to create my a lust list of my 5 dream items for fall.

Here are 5 of my favorite things for Fall...

Okay, let's be honest, this bag is totally NOT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN. If I could choose one new bag for fall though, this would totally be it!  Love the color, love the shape, love it all!

Ahh, who doesn't love Tory Burch?  I have beat my current riding boots to death, and will definitely need to invest in a new pair this fall.  Although this is a little more of an investment than I'll actually be making, this is the pair I would definitely love to snatch up.

Although I fully embraced the skinny jean trend, and still plan to, I'm thrilled that flares are back this fall!  I love how they look with the perfect boots, and a silk blouse.  I can't wait to embrace this trend once the temps drop!

I always break out my gold jewelry a lot more in the fall, and think this necklace would be a perfect addition. 

If there was one dress I would love to add to my teacher wardrobe it would be a DVF wrap dress.  I absolutely love her dresses, and would love to own one.  They're so timeless and classic!

A huge thanks to Melanie for inviting me to guest post for her while she's away!

Blog Signature


  1. I adore Peyton! Great fall list. Those TB boots are on my list too, just waiting for them to go on sale!

  2. Great fall picks! I have had my eye on those TB beauties as well. I have a pair of her riding boots that I got the year her first store opened on Elizabeth Street. They are my favs.

  3. the tb boots are at the top of my list too!!

  4. great pics! I feel like fall is just around the corner! Hope you are doing well. xoxo Naina

  5. Those boots!! I've been loving them too!!


  6. Hi, Peyton! :)

    I am feeling super traditional about fall this year. So, plaids, brown riding boots, hats, burnt orange, and oxfords!

  7. Loving all of these!!! Peyton, your blog is darling too!

  8. I want those TB boots in a bad way!



Related Posts with Thumbnails