Friday, April 29, 2011

Lash out

How does one decide which Mascara to buy? There are so many options, how does one decide which is best? I have tried both the higher end ($25 plus)and then the cheapies, and to be honest with you, I tend to like the less expensive ones better!

I actually use 3 different ones, so I thought I would share them with you. I think all 3 give great results, and I never have the lash dandruff (the little black specks under the eye) that I hear people talking about...so, here goes:

For every day and for great definition of my lashes, I use Define a Lash by Maybelline. It's got a really long skinny wand, great for your bottom lashes. I also use this if I am in the hurry and just want something on my eyes. It retails for about $7

For a more bold lash, I use Cover Girl Lash Blast. Amy, from The Huntress Lives recommended this to me and I really love it. It takes some time to apply it, and it can clump on occasion, but overall it really plumps the lashes up to give a dramatic look. I think it's hard to use on the lower lashes, so that is when I use the Define A Lash. $7

My all-time favorite mascara right now for day or night is  Lights, Camera, Lashes by Tarte. This retails for $19, so I am using it sparingly. It gives amazing definition, plumping and it's easy to apply. Tarte products are also all natural, so if you have sensitive eyes, this would be good for you.

Do you have a favorite Mascara that I should try?

5 comments:

  1. My favorite is Fresh Supernova mascara ($25 at Sephora). I love that stuff, though I was feeling a bit cheap when I ran out of my last tube, so I picked up some Maybelline Falsies and it's pretty good too.

    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Opulash by Mac...fabulous and you can build up layers as little or as much as you please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had good luck with Neutrogena Healthy Volume mascara. I also, have tried high end and low end mascaras and I agree when it comes to mascara the inexpensive ones seem to work the same if not better. I am interested in the Tarte one. I may have to buy that next and give it a try. Thanks for a great review.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails