Tuesday, April 12, 2011

commitment.

Some people think marriage is a commitment, I on the other hand feel like painting a room is a commitment. I don't know why I torment myself over paint color, but I do. It is a lot of work to paint a room, so I feel like you should really love it!




My husband and I had our house on the market for a few months and then decided to take it off, so we had put painting our bedroom and bathroom on hold. But, now since we have decided to stay, we need to figure out what to do with the 2 rooms. Problem is, I just can't commit. You may remember me talking about doing a Navy and White room a few months ago. Now, I am chickening out, I am not sure I will love dark navy on the walls.

After browsing the internet,  these rooms appealed to me...





Here is what we have that has to stay. We have dark wood furniture that is staying, as well as white bedding with brown trim (similar to the picture above). I wold love a white tufted headboard, but that's not going to happen. Our room is large with a big white tray ceiling, so doing a dark color wouldn't be an issue. I am just not sure I will love navy forever...

So, all of my decorator blog friends. What is your advice? 

8 comments:

  1. LOVE the first photo and the last...good luck with your choices

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just painted my new office cabinets and trim and doors Fairview Taupe by Benjamin Moore. LOVE it! Similar tot he last two pictures you showed. I think color adds such an amazing statement when done the right way. I have two great greys to share with you too of you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel, my new favorite BM color is Rockport Grey. It's a grey/taupe color that's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we moved into our house, I really wanted a red room. So, we painted one. 2 years later, it feels dark and I'm ready for a change.

    I'm really into shades of grey right now. It's a nice alternative to basic tan (which is my go-to color). Good luck with the decision!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a Navy room is classic!!! I think you can always change out bedding/curtains/artwork to change the feel of the room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the first photo works with dark furniture because of the white molding half way down the wall. If you notice the full walls of navy have white furniture. An all navy room with dark furniture might be too much darkness. I say do exactly like the first picture. Navy but then white below a chair rail which your furniture will be up against. love your taste! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails