Thursday, July 7, 2011

Closet Confidential: Hot Summer Nights...

I have looked high and low for the perfect sundresses this season. It has been so hot here, a sundress is really the coolest option. For some reason, nothing is really striking me, so I have been going back to oldies but goodies in my closet.

 This one was Gigi's from a clothing swap 2 years ago. I STILL love it. Sometimes it's my pool coverup and sometimes I belt it and try to dress it up a bit. It is super comfy with just enough detail to make it look interesting. I love the twisted straps and  the green birds that are embroidered across the bottom.

I paired it with a studded belt from J.Crew, Green T-Strap sandals from Old Navy (old).


and a close up of some of my accessories...earrings and bracelets from Forever 21. I love those peacock feathers! And the necklace is something I have had forever, and people always ask me about them. If you live in Kansas City you can find them at Lauren Alexandra, they are also on Etsy.  The designer is Michelle Rhodes and she makes unique hand-stamped jewelry. This necklace is one of my favorite pieces of jewelry I own.

4 comments:

  1. I have one of those tag necklaces too! My mama gave it to me for Christmas a few years ago and I love wearing it mixed with my other god necklaces... so unique! So glad you posted on these and that I now know they are on Etsy :)
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress is super cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love the green and black combo! and a clothing swap is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great accessories! You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails