Cassie lives in Texas with her husband, son Jackson who is 10 and daughter Sloan who is 5. She started a blog to document her home projects and renovations and now 2 years later she has gained quite a following. She has shared some fabulous room makeovers, and she always finds incredible pieces from places like Home Goods and Marshalls. I love a girl with an eye for a bargain! Cassie is sweet as can be and is one of those bloggers you would love to know in person. So, without further ado, here is what inspires Cassie...
1) Who inspires you the most?
I am inspired by my girlfriends (in real-life and blogland). They manage to balance their lives, work, marriage and children...and still maintain a positive attitude. That motivates me to take each day and moment as it comes, enjoying and appreciating each one.
2) Which celeb closet would you most like to raid?
A cross between Jenna Lyons (I mean, hello, she has every piece JCrew ever designs!) and Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl). Not that I watch a show intended for teenagers or anything. I'm simply referring to pictures I've seen. *cough* And if my hair could look like Jennifer Lopez's did each week on Idol, that wouldn't suck either.
and the fantastic Jenna Lyons
3) What are your favorite "budget" items?
I love accessories from Forever 21 and basic tees and tanks from Target. Even the clearance racks of higher-end stores have budget treasures (like the Zara skirt I just scooped up for $10!).
4) What is your favorite splurge?
It's not fashion related, but right now I'd love to splurge on an iPad! But then again, I could buy a few pairs of boots for that...so I'll most likely end up with new boots.
5) What item in your closet do you treasure the most?
My engagement ring and wedding band are the only objects I'd be heartbroken to lose. And maybe my hot pink JCrew jacket with crystal buttons.
) What fashion trend from the past would you most like to bring back?
I have my share of skinny jeans, but I'm thrilled the boot cut and wide leg jeans are making comebacks. Way more flattering on my shape!
7) What item do you most look forward to handing down to your daughter?
I wore my grandmother's wedding dress, and my great-grandmother's veil when I married. It would be amazing if she chose to do the same. (Read about the dress here)
8) When it comes to fashion or decor...which comes first? What are you most likely to splurge on? Two years ago I would have said fashion. Then I started a blog about making over my house, and suddenly I spend my spare time at Home Depot instead of Nordstrom. I'm sure the pendulum will swing back again.
9)Top 3 favorite stores to shop for yourself?
10) Top 3 favorite style or home decor blogs?
The Chloe Conspiracy, Atlantic-Pacific and Love at First Shop